TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT FOR WEDDING CAR HIRE
We hope you choose Vintage Dreams Wedding Car Motor Company for your wedding transport. Please read the following notes plus the terms and conditions.
We operate an automated online process to make your booking. We will have already completed the date of the hire, the vehicle/s you require and the pricing as per our quotation. Should any of this be inaccurate please contact us as soon as possible. For our records and insurance purposes you will then need to complete the rest of the details and then digitally sign. You will be sent a copy of the agreement as signed by you by email and a further countersigned copy after receipt of the reservation deposit.
We only hire any vehicle out once a day, so your chosen car/s are dedicated to you, therefore, some of the required information is not too important at the time of booking, for example, timings, colours of ribbons & bows, etc. We are quite happy to receive this information nearer the time, ideally four weeks beforehand.
We also understand how difficult it is to plan a wedding at any time, so our mission is to support you with your planning and provide as much flexibility as we can. We normally like you to visit our transport depot to see our vehicles so you understand their vintage style and elegance, space they offer, reliability and which is the best choice for your day. If you have been unable to do this and do so later, we will gladly swap your booking if you prefer a different car once you have seen them all (subject to availability). We are confident that you will love the cars but if for some reason you don’t want to proceed, we will refund your deposit.
If your wedding day has to be postponed, we will roll over your deposit and hold the price and terms for up to two years to allow you to re-plan. In the event that we don’t have an available car to your taste on the revised date we will refund your deposit immediately. Under genuine circumstances beyond reasonable control, we will also refund a deposit due to cancellation.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Where the name Vintage Dreams is used it means Nigel Downton trading as Belle Beau & Vintage Dreams.
2. Prices quoted are all inclusive for the hire of the vehicle/s except where a customer requests a personalised number plate/s for photography for which thirty five pounds (£35) per plate ordered will be added to the final balance.
3. The reservation deposit is payable within two (2) days of placing the booking.
4. The balance is payable thirty (30) days before the actual wedding (hire) date.
5. A deposit of one hundred pounds (£100) per vehicle, or as noted in the form below, is charged at the time of the booking. However, as detailed above, in the event of a postponement we will roll over the deposit or under genuine circumstances outside of the hirer’s control make a refund.
6. Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013: If you are contracting with us as a consumer, online, by phone, at a wedding fair or any other venue other than our office you have the right to cancel your contract at any time up to fourteen (14) calendar days after the day on which you ordered our services. Should you wish to cancel your order you must do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND by letter to Nigel Downton, Vale House, Flatford Lane, East Bergholt, Colchester, C07 6UN, quoting the wedding date and Hirer name as the reference.
7. Vintage Dreams and it`s chauffeurs have the right to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and whose behaviour poses a threat either to the chauffeur, the vehicle or any other passenger(s).
8. Vintage Dreams operates a strict non-smoking policy in all its vehicles.
9. Vintage Dreams makes every effort to supply the vehicle requested by the client, however, in certain circumstances the chosen vehicle may not be available due to circumstances out of our control. In these cases, we will endeavour to supply the best alternative vehicle available. If no acceptable alternative can be found, compensation will be limited to the full refund of the hire charged. We recommend and advise that the client obtains appropriate wedding insurance for their own protection.
10. Whilst we do our utmost to ensure our drivers are punctual, you will understand that we cannot accept responsibility for delays caused by circumstances out of our control.
11. All cars are cleaned prior to the wedding date, but Vintage Dreams does not accept any responsibility for changes in the vehicle’s appearance caused by the weather or terrain during the period, although every effort will be made to present the car in its best possible condition.
12. Clients are responsible for any damage they cause to the interior or exterior of the vehicle available to them and will be invoiced accordingly for any repair or valeting required in order to reinstate the vehicle to its pre-hire condition.
13. We do not provide any form of child seats and/or booster cushions for our vehicles. This is the responsibility of the Hirer. All minors must be accompanied by a responsible adult passenger appointed by the Hirer.
14. Our vehicles are classed as private cars and it is the responsibility of passengers, or the appointed adult supervising minors, on the wearing of seat belts, where fitted.
15. The standard hire period is typically circa 3 hours up to 4 hours from the time we are due to leave the collection address to the time we leave the reception (final) venue. If you feel you would like additional time, this can be arranged for a supplementary charge or as agreed.
16. Nigel Downton, trading as Belle Beau & Vintage Dreams, is fully insured for wedding car hire but be aware our insurance does not cover customers to drive our vehicles, or for loss or damage to customers possessions or for any other consequential losses, delays or missed events.
By making the booking and accepting our quotation it will represent agreement of our terms and conditions.